EDUCATION PARTNERSHIPS, A DIVISION OF PDK INTERNATIONAL
Coordinate the day-to-day management of PDK Education Partnerships’ activities and projects. Serve as a liaison between Education Partnerships, prospective and current partners. Directly collaborate with other PDK divisions to ensure synergy towards the effective implementation of Education Partnerships’ objectives, goals, and outcomes.
ABOUT EDUCATION PARTERNSHIPS
The vision for PDK Education Partnerships division is that every school system leader in our society demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and mindsets needed to lead change through a social justice lens so that all students thrive. We partner with system-level leaders, including superintendents and their senior teams, to support them in navigating the complexities of school system transformation. We see ourselves as partners in the process of identifying complex challenges and designing and implementing sustainable and equity-minded solutions that create lasting change.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of activities and projects for the Education Partnerships’ division
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Coordinate internal resources for the effective execution of projects
- Develop, refine and implement procedures, processes and structures
- Participate and contribute to ongoing strategic planning and the development of solutions and recommendations to advance the Education Partnerships’ work
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist with creating and managing budgets, monitoring expenditures and revenue collection
- Participate in outreach activities that may include communications and coordination of events
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends to support marketing, program design, and program delivery
- Manage the relationship with partners and prospective clients
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to detail (i.e.: program and project management)
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills with a wide spectrum of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task, and manage last-minute needs and changes gracefully
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment and creative problem- solving skills in making decisions
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to produce high quality, well-organized and professional work products
- Demonstrated ability to use virtual organizational, management, communication and learning tools—including Microsoft Office suite of products, social media platforms, etc.
- Knowledgeable, energetic and passionate about public education, social justice and equity, and program development and management
PDK International offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line: Program Manager. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Are you an exceptionally organized and responsible professional with a natural tendency toward customer service and care? If so, PDK International is looking for a Membership Associate to join our team. The Membership Associate is an integral part of the Relationship and Outreach Division and serves our customers and constituents both internally and externally.
The Membership Associate performs administrative and office support activities for PDK International. This role involves answering telephone calls, providing clerical and logistical support to program staff (including support for the annual Educators Rising conference), responding to inquiries regarding Educators Rising, Pi Lambda Theta and PDK Association programs and providing general customer support.
- Monitor and respond to member emails and phone calls, including providing high-touch support to members as they navigate Educators Rising’s new systems and as they navigate PDK International websites.
- Monitor and respond to new Teacher Leader/Admin/State/Regional Coordinator Requests
- Monitor and add new schools and chapters to the database system
- Accept Membership Payments and update member information
- Prepare and send receipts for membership renewals
- Provide Support to the Database Manager in helping to solve and find problems in all our database systems
- Maintain member data in all areas needed
- Main Contact for Merchandise Vendors
- Provide and respond to merchandise requests and monitor orders
- Create and maintain submissions system for conference events
- Serve as primary assistant to conference organizer, including:
- Monitoring and assisting with conference registrations and payment
- Providing administrative support for all logistics (name badges, shipping, preparing materials)
- Verifying that all competitors and sessions presenters are registeredProvide assistance to chapter leaders for many items such as but not limited to providing access to reports, newsletter services, and merchandise orders
- Provide administrative support to the office staff as needed to keep operations running smoothly
- Additional duties as required
- 3-5 years of proven customer service experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a talent toward superlative customer service
- Exceptional work ethic with a keen eye toward innovation and streamlining processes
- Database experience, Salesforce preferred
- Ability to multitask, exceptionally well-organized
- Proactive in approach to the work (solutions-oriented), while able to respond quickly to incoming customer requests
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
PDK International offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “I want to be your Membership Associate!”
PARTNERSHIPS ADVISOR (SALES DIRECTOR)
EDUCATORS RISING, A DIVISION OF PDK INTERNATIONAL
At Educators Rising, we’re changing how our country thinks about teacher recruitment and preparation by starting in high school. We provide districts and schools with the tools they need to establish high school-based “grow-your-own” teacher pathway programs. Specifically, we offer two new sets of products: the EdRising Academy curriculum and support services and the Educators Rising “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials (or digital badges). The result of these efforts is a pipeline of accomplished teachers who are positioned to make a lasting difference — not only in the lives of their students, but also in the field of teaching more broadly.
The Partnerships Advisor is at the forefront of this work. You will be responsible for selling Educators Rising products and services to districts, schools, and state education agencies. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success in K12 sales with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong belief in the importance of improving teacher recruitment and preparation is a must. This is a hybrid role combining in-house sales work with field work and requires some travel.
- Meet/exceed sales goals
- Establish and grow a customer base of K12 districts and schools and maintain clean records in prospect database
- Employ effective selling techniques including pre-call planning, effective opening, and productive questioning strategies that lead to a close
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities
- Maintain positive relations with state, district, and school leaders in target market
- Maintain expert product knowledge around the EdRising Academy curriculum/support services and “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials, the education industry, and factors influencing the market environment
- Identify and share common themes from the field that can help refine product positioning and pricing
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years sales experience in K12 education market preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of school, district, and state education agency sales cycle, budget process, and purchasing process.
- Experience with the consultative sales process and lead prospecting, acquisition, qualifying, and conversion. Includes experience with outbound calling approach and demonstrated ability to recognize underlying hesitations and overcome concerns.
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced work environment and managing time effectively
- Confident, assertive, and goal oriented with ability to learn the sales process and effectively apply it
- Exceptional communicator – verbal and written
- Experience implementing and using Salesforce, preferred
- Former educator (preferably principal or superintendent) with ability to open doors, preferred
Educators Rising is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, as well as generous 403(b), vacation, and health benefits commensurate with experience and proven results.
How to Apply
If you’re passionate about education, competitive, and have a strong desire to exceed goals, then you might be a perfect fit with Educators Rising. If you’re interested in changing the way we recruit and prepare teachers in this country, then we’d like to meet you.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Partnerships Advisor.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About PDK International
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and education leaders over the entire arc of their careers. Our core purpose centers around engaging educators and strengthening schools, so every student thrives. We honor educators as professionals who learn daily from their work and want to share their knowledge with others to transform the lives of their students. We activate educators and other stakeholders to elevate the discourse around teaching, learning and leadership, to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality education.
PDK International has seven divisions: the PDK membership association, Educators Rising, Kappan Magazine, PDK Poll, PDK Education Partnerships, Pi Lambda Theta, and the PDK Educational Foundation.
About Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta (pilambda.org) is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intended to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
About Educators Rising
Educators Rising is transforming how America develops aspiring teachers. Starting with high school students, we provide passionate young people with hands-on teaching experience, sustain their interest in the profession, and help them cultivate the skills they need to be successful educators. Every teacher should enter the profession with the necessary skills. Educators Rising is a powerful way to help communities grow the next generation of well-prepared teachers.
PDK EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PDK International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.