Marketing Manager (part-time)
Pi Lambda Theta is seeking an enthusiastic, creative part-time Marketing Manager who can help increase awareness of our organization and engage our national network of college students and practicing educators. If you are passionate about marketing and communications, skilled at connecting with a youth audience, and looking to be a part of an exciting venture, we want to talk to you.
Pi Lambda Theta (pilambda.org) is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intend to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
Pi Lambda Theta is powered by PDK International, a professional network of educators that publishes the renowned Kappan magazine and the PDK Poll of the Public’s Attitudes Toward the Public Schools.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with senior staff to develop and execute the marketing and communications strategy for Pi Lambda Theta.
The Marketing Manager will lead the effort to grow participation in Pi Lambda Theta through a strategic marketing campaign. S/he will be responsible for helping bring our brand to life through varied communications efforts, including social media platforms, the website, e-newsletters, and other internal and external communications.
This position is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week).
Essential Job Functions:
- Project manage all marketing and communications needs
- Work with senior staff to enhance and execute a research-based marketing and communications plan that targets college students and deans of education to grow participation in Pi Lambda Theta, including:
- Drip marketing campaigns
- Social ads (Facebook, Google AdWords, Linkedin)
- Print mailings
- Sales calls to university contacts
- Develop metrics to ensure effectiveness of marketing efforts
- Curate high-interest content to increase activity on social media channels
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including, but not limited to, promotional materials (brochures, flyers), e-newsletters, and web copy
- Coordinate webpage maintenance to ensure that information is consistent and up-to-date
- Track and respond to relevant media trends and news stories
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2–3 years of experience in marketing and/or communications
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Able to write for various audiences, including college students and higher education administrators
- Demonstrated ability in drafting, editing, and proofreading documents with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience managing social media and/or GoogleAdWords advertising campaigns a plus
- Salesforce and MailChimp experience a plus
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- A strong track record as a project manager and an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Self-reliant, sound reasoning skills, good problem solver, results-oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader
To be considered for this role, please submit your résumé and cover letter to HR@educatorsrising.org with “PLT Marketing Manager” as the subject line. (Your cover letter must include relevant experience and your hourly rate.)
Deadline to apply: January 2, 2017
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. It is based in Arlington, VA. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations.
PDK International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PDK International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PDK International expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PDK International’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.