EDUCATORS RISING DIRECTOR
PDK International is looking for a strong and charismatic leader with proven strategy and business experience to lead Educators Rising, our pre-collegiate division. Educators Rising is both an association and a curriculum and assessment provider. Ideal candidate are education entrepreneurs with past school and school district experience. As an association, Educators Rising cultivates highly skilled educators by guiding young people on a path to becoming accomplished teachers, beginning in high school and extending through college and into the profession. Educators Rising provides passionate young people with hands-on teaching experience, sustains their interest in the profession, and helps them cultivate the skills they need to be successful educators. As a curriculum and assessment provider, Educators Rising works directly with school districts to provide rigorous products that are designed to build the capacity of aspiring and current educators. PDK International strives to be a leader in a movement aimed at changing the narrative about teaching by investing in helping communities grow their next generation of educators to transform public education, especially for our most vulnerable students.
The Educators Rising Director of Programs will promote Educators Rising programs, services, and overall mission to stakeholders, and the public at large. The Director will be charged with enacting and sustaining the vision of the division and be responsible for the division’s integration with the greater PDK International organization- thereby ensuring continuity of services for its constituents. The Director will leverage existing assets, assess market potential and mitigate risks to map out a viable and sustainable business and operations plan to insure long term success of the division. The Director will report to the PDK International Chief Program Officer and will serve as the primary brand champion, and ambassador in the education sphere and be a key voice in the traditional and CTSO areas of education.
Candidates will need a deep knowledge of teaching and learning practices, school and central office operations, and education policy. In addition, successful candidates will need to have strong business acumen, the skills to form partnerships, and fundraising ability.
- Provide visionary leadership for organizational strategy, program development, and communications.
- Represent Educators Rising publicly through speaking engagements, publications, and senior-level participation in coalitions, including sourcing mission-aligned opportunities for this work.
- Cultivate and manage Educators Rising state and regional affiliate partnerships, including meeting with key stakeholders to formalize new state/regional partnerships, facilitating monthly phone calls, and acting as a key source for troubleshooting issues they face.
- Lead sales and sustainability efforts of the division’s primary programs, services, and events to insure viability
- Lead strategic development and refinement efforts of the EdRising Academy curriculum and Educators Rising micro-credentials, including crafting promotional materials. Serve as a primary point of contact for states, districts, and schools who are interested in these products.
- Support program staff in their work to ensure programs align to larger impact goals of organization and expand the work to a larger audience, including sourcing speaking/writing opportunities for student leaders and leading vision for content development for the EdRising Virtual Campus and annual competitive events.
- Lead vision for annual national conference, including developing the conference theme, identifying and securing keynote speakers, acting as the primary representative of the organization during all general sessions, and leading special breakout sessions for leaders in the network.
- Lead fundraising and development efforts, including crafting and delivering pitches and proposals. Serve as primary point of contact for partners.
- Be responsible for the continuity of PDK International’s constituents as they move from Educators Rising to the PDK Collegiate and Pi Lambda Theta Honor Society levels.
- Serve as a member of the PDK International senior team, contributing to overall organizational strategy and liaising with board of directors.
Critical and Preferred Experience
- Master’s Degree minimum with a strong preference toward graduate level experience and education.
- Education Practitioner with significant demonstrated teaching experience as a minimum but a preference for additional leadership roles and responsibilities
- Preferred proven business and P&L experience with a track record of increasing growth and success.
- Proven strategic design, tactical implementation, and execution, with a preference for candidates who have successfully started or turned around fledgling programs.
- Experienced leader who has successfully managed and mentored a team while driving their department or division to be successful.
- Mission-focused experience with a preference for candidates who have an established a voice in the general public.
- Education policy experience with a preference toward candidates with familiarity in policies and practices at the state or national departments of education levels.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Charismatic public speaker
- Exceptional planning and forward thinking skills
- Willingness to learn and ask for help
- Ability to simultaneously focus on vision, strategy, and details
- Solution oriented problem solver, self-starter and critical thinker
- Collaborator, team player and continuous learner
- Innovative thinker with an appreciation for traditional management
- Data driven analyst and intentional decision maker
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. PDK International is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Educators Rising Director.”
PARTNERSHIPS ADVISOR (SALES DIRECTOR)
EDUCATORS RISING, A DIVISION OF PDK INTERNATIONAL
At Educators Rising, we’re changing how our country thinks about teacher recruitment and preparation by starting in high school. We provide districts and schools with the tools they need to establish high school-based “grow-your-own” teacher pathway programs. Specifically, we offer two new sets of products: the EdRising Academy curriculum and support services and the Educators Rising “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials (or digital badges). The result of these efforts is a pipeline of accomplished teachers who are positioned to make a lasting difference — not only in the lives of their students, but also in the field of teaching more broadly.
The Partnerships Advisor is at the forefront of this work. You will be responsible for selling Educators Rising products and services to districts, schools, and state education agencies. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success in K12 sales with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong belief in the importance of improving teacher recruitment and preparation is a must. This is a hybrid role combining in-house sales work with field work and requires some travel.
- Meet/exceed sales goals
- Establish and grow a customer base of K12 districts and schools and maintain clean records in prospect database
- Employ effective selling techniques including pre-call planning, effective opening, and productive questioning strategies that lead to a close
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities
- Maintain positive relations with state, district, and school leaders in target market
- Maintain expert product knowledge around the EdRising Academy curriculum/support services and “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials, the education industry, and factors influencing the market environment
- Identify and share common themes from the field that can help refine product positioning and pricing
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years sales experience in K12 education market preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of school, district, and state education agency sales cycle, budget process, and purchasing process.
- Experience with the consultative sales process and lead prospecting, acquisition, qualifying, and conversion. Includes experience with outbound calling approach and demonstrated ability to recognize underlying hesitations and overcome concerns.
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced work environment and managing time effectively
- Confident, assertive, and goal oriented with ability to learn the sales process and effectively apply it
- Exceptional communicator – verbal and written
- Experience implementing and using Salesforce, preferred
- Former educator (preferably principal or superintendent) with ability to open doors, preferred
Educators Rising is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, as well as generous 403(b), vacation, and health benefits commensurate with experience and proven results.
How to Apply
If you’re passionate about education, competitive, and have a strong desire to exceed goals, then you might be a perfect fit with Educators Rising. If you’re interested in changing the way we recruit and prepare teachers in this country, then we’d like to meet you.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Partnerships Advisor.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
Reporting to the chief operating officer (COO), the director of accounting will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The director of accounting will lead all day-to-day finance operations, supervise a part-time bookkeeper, and support the senior leadership team. The director of accounting will work closely with all staff to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an upcoming leader with seven to ten years of accounting and finance experience. She or he will ideally have experience in a complex nonprofit or association that has multiple programs.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Direct supervision of part-time bookkeeper
- Build and improve on financial procedures
- Prepare/review journal entries
- Maintain records for all general ledger activity
- Maintain budget information in the Accounting software
- On a monthly basis, review assigned department(s) budget to ensure that department(s) expenses are within the parameters of the adopted budget
- Manage all audit and 990 activities
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Support the COO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the program vice presidents; continuously collaborate with program vice presidents to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
- Proactive hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the COO, the responsibility for finance and accounting
- Proven experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Management and budget experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to learn new programs
- High level of confidentiality and business ethics
- Able to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Leadership, ensure staff and leaders have core competencies to deliver quality, integrated services
- Experience managing grants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- Financial stability, maximizing organizational efficiencies through productivity and program improvements
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
PDK International is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Director of Accounting.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
BOOKKEEPER AND MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE
Are you an exceptionally organized and responsible professional with a natural tendency toward customer service and care? Do you enjoy accounting and have bookkeeping experience? If so, PDK International is looking for a Bookkeeper and Membership Associate to join our team. The Bookkeeper and Membership Associate is an integral part of the Relationship and Outreach Division and serves our customers and constituents both internally and externally.
The Bookkeeper and Membership Associate performs administrative and office support activities for PDK International. This role involves managing and processing accounts payable and receivables for PDK, providing clerical and logistical support to program staff, responding to inquiries regarding Educators Rising, Pi Lambda Theta and PDK Association programs and providing general customer support via telephone and email.
- Serve as Bookkeeper for PDK International. Duties for this position include:
- Managing and processing accounts payable
- Managing and processing accounts receivable
- Building processes for workflow
- Monitor and respond to member emails and phone calls, including providing high-touch support to members as they navigate Educators Rising’s new systems and as they navigate PDK International websites.
- Accept Membership Payments and update member information
- Prepare and send receipts for membership renewals
- Provide Support to the Database Manager in helping to solve and find problems in all our database systems
- Maintain member data in all areas needed
- Provide and respond to merchandise requests and monitor orders
- Provide administrative support to the office staff as needed to keep operations running smoothly
- Additional duties as required
- Ability to multitask, exceptionally well-organized
- 3-5 years of proven customer service experience preferred
- At least two years of bookkeeping experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a talent toward superlative customer service
- Exceptional work ethic with a keen eye toward innovation and streamlining processes
- Database experience, Salesforce preferred
- Proactive in approach to the work (solutions-oriented), while able to respond quickly to incoming customer requests
- Minimum Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
PDK International offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “I want to be your Bookkeeper/Membership Associate!”
About PDK International
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and school leaders by strengthening their interest in the profession through the entire arc of their career. PDK embraces the complexity of the issues in public education, is intellectually honest, and asks the right questions to change the narrative, elevate the conversation, and drive the discussion forward.
We honor educators as professionals who learn daily from their work and want to share their knowledge with others to transform the lives of their students and their own specialized work. Today, we are transforming into a vibrant social sector organization that will activate educators and other stakeholders to elevate the discourse around teaching and learning to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality education.
About Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta (pilambda.org) is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intended to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
About Educators Rising
Educators Rising is transforming how America develops aspiring teachers. Starting with high school students, we provide passionate young people with hands-on teaching experience, sustain their interest in the profession, and help them cultivate the skills they need to be successful educators. Every teacher should enter the profession with the necessary skills. Educators Rising is a powerful way to help communities grow the next generation of well-prepared teachers.
PDK EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PDK International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.