The District VII/Region F Emerging Leaders Project Grant was developed in cooperation with Region F regional representative, Mark Strauss. The former District VII, which later became Region F, had set aside monies in the PDK Foundation to provide support for members from District VII. However, the exact decision on utilization had not been completed when Region F replaced District VII. With the help of Mark Strauss and staff at the PDK Foundation, it was agreed that the monies would be used to provide special project grants to emerging leaders, who were in good standing and who had residence within the borders of District VII/Region F.
Amount of Grant – $2,500
Application deadline is April 1, 2014. Recipients will have one year to complete the project.
Eligibility – Applicants must:
- Be a PDK Emerging Leader who resides within the District VII/ Region F area (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Panama, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the Virgin Islands).
- Be a good standing member of PDK.
Submission Requirements – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online application form.
- Proposal – This special project grant is not directed toward a specific topic, however, projects that address the needs of marginalized populations may receive special consideration.
- Submit a budget which explains how the funds will be utilized.
- Explain how the results of this special project grant will be disseminated.