Donald H. and Verna S. Duncan Endowed Scholarship honors former PDK International board member Don Duncan and his wife Verna, who was an award winning elementary teacher. Don served as professor and in leadership positions at Western Oregon University College of Education. The Duncan’s life of service to education is exemplified by this scholarship to good standing PDK members who are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in the public school field of educational leadership.
Eligibility — Applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in the public school field of educational leadership in the pre-school, elementary, secondary or high education level.
- Be a good standing member of PDK.
Submission Requirements — Applicants must submit all of the following:
- Transcripts of all graduate work as evidence of academic success.
- Position paper, no longer than 1,000 words, addressing the applicant’s role as an educational leader.
- One-paragraph summary of applicant’s involvement and activities with PDK.
- Two letters of recommendation — one from a major professor and one from a professional colleague, supervisor, or peer attesting to the applicant’s qualifications.