Larry E. Frase Memorial Scholarship for Educational Research honors the San Diego State University emeritus professor whose research focused on human motivational factors in educational organizations. Dr. Frase’s life of service to education has been commemorated with this scholarship fund for worthy doctoral students studying motivational factors of teachers and educational leaders.
Eligibility — Applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in a certified controlled doctoral program.
- Have a grade point average in the top 15% (3.5 on a 4.0 scale).
- Provide evidence of professional activities that have resulted in improving and sustaining academic performance for all students.
Submission Requirements — Applicants must submit all of the following:
- Transcripts documenting a grade point average in the top 15%.
- Three letters of recommendation — one from the applicant’s major professor, one from a professional colleague or peer, and one from a supervisor who currently supervises (or has most recently supervised) the applicant’s professional work.