Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) International is a distinguished education membership association, whose research elevates the discourse in education. PDK provides products and services to help schools and school systems reimagine the school experience for students, staff, families, and community members.
Educators Rising is one of seven divisions of PDK. Educators Rising provides schools and districts with the curriculum and tools to establish a high school-based teacher pathway program for aspiring educators. Our products, Educators Rising Academy Curriculum and “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials, provide the resources to integrate directly into the academic programs of “teacher academy” career and technical education courses at the high school level and support a rigorous foundation for postsecondary studies as young people. In the coming year, we plan to further the reach of Educators Rising globally, and we look forward to having you join us on this journey. You will be an important member of the team as we expand our products and services.
The Program Manager reports to the Director of Educators Rising, and is at the forefront of this work. You will be responsible for managing sales and program initiatives for Educators Rising products and services, while ensuring alignment to PDK’s strategic operating plan. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success in K12 sales and/or project management, with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong belief in the importance of improving teacher recruitment and preparation is a must. This is a hybrid role combining project management, in-house sales and lead cultivation work, field work, and some internal administrative duties.
- Maintain strong product knowledge of the Educators Rising Academy curriculum and online offerings, Education Partnerships content and program options, industry trends, and other company activities.
- Work closely with the Director of Educators Rising to coordinate the planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects and deliverables for the division.
- Ensure that all project deliverables are executed on-time and in accordance with agreement terms while anticipating, facilitating and troubleshooting the problems associated with the implementation of Educators Rising projects.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key customers, including negotiating and closing on contracts
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop a strategic sales plan that successfully achieves business objectives
- Complete market research and analyze results to adjust sales and marketing strategy for maximum revenue
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of project management and/or sales experience in the K12 education sector
- Demonstrated understanding of school district and state education agency purchase cycle, and budget and procurement processes.
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced work environment and managing tasks and time effectively
- Exceptional communicator both verbal and written
- Experience implementing and using Salesforce, preferred
PDK International is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, as well as generous 403(b), vacation, and health benefits commensurate with experience and proven results.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about social impact and looking to make a difference in your professional career, we encourage you to apply for the Program Manager position. If you are interested in changing the way we recruit and prepare teachers in this country and support system-leaders, passionate about education, and have a strong desire to meet and exceed goals, then you might be a perfect fit for the Program Manager position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Program Manager | Educators Rising.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Are you a passionate up and coming marketer looking for a chance to make a difference in a non-profit? Want to help embrace the complexity and to help change the narrative in education? Do you understand that marketing is not just making a new logo and slapping up a new website? If you can say yes to all three of these questions, we have the job for you!
PDK International, a 112-year old non-profit education start-up is looking for a bright and talented Marketing and Communications Manager (MarComms Manager). The ideal candidate will have the the disposition to work in a rapidly changing environment, the experience and skill to educate passionate strategists, and the drive to execute marketing in a space that has traditionally not prioritized it.
The MarComms Manager will report to and take direction from the Chief Operating Officer who serves as the marketing and business development lead for the organization.
- 1-2 years or equivalent proven experience or training in Marketing OR the exceptional passion, facility, and eagerness to learn it while doing it
- Willingness to work hard but to have fun while doing it
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for art and format (someone who can see and explain the difference between PDKInternational.org and PDKIntl.org)
- A belief that social justice is a requirement for the continued transformation in education
- Facility in social media, websites, marketing kit design and construction, and direct mail
- Someone who understands the difference between Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Brand, and Sales, but can meld all 5 as needed into coherent campaigns
- Facility with databases, lead chain to purchase, or equivalent lifecycle experience
- Strong self-starter who understands that the individual contribution is part of the team contribution
- A nimble and effective marketer who can execute on a minimally viable product, be willing to test and fast fail, and be able to reset and iterate quickly and effectively
- A PowerPoint maven with a gut to understand how much text needs to be on a slide to create the biggest impact
- An Excel guru who remembers how to do pivot tables, vlookups, and sparklines as well as can harness the power of the new data visualization capabilities of the program
- Facility with technology and web-based tools
- Exceptionally organized and familiar with project management tenets
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent years of experience or higher
- Be smart, hardworking, interested in learning from and experienced marketing professional and hungry for a challenge
Desired, but not necessary qualifications
- Former pre-med, pre-law, or engineering backgrounds desired
- MBA or equivalent experience including but not limited to sales and customer service experience
- Military or related organizational experience
- Word Press, Craft, HTML, and or PHP experience
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions
The MarComms Manager will be responsible for insuring sustainability of the Mission through effective growth and sustainability of our various products and services and will help bring our mission to life through our varied efforts including but not limited to: social media, data-driven traditional and non-traditional marketing and communications campaigns, microsite work, conference strategy and attendance, print and direct mail and more.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes school cycles, holidays, campaigns, and strategies
- Research and curate high interest content to increase traffic an activity to our sites and social media channels
- Curate and organize a partner and stakeholder conference strategy plan
- Develop and manage print and electronic communications and collateral
- Coordinate webpage development and maintenance for stickiness and effectiveness
- Coordinate conference and event promotion and marketing
- Serve as the external lead for public relations including press release sand damage control
- Be the communications point on media interactions including pre-wiring by creating and curating op eds, stories, amicus briefs and the like
- Execute a mentor-to-member story capture campaign
- Track and measure level of engagement
- Other tasks as assigned
Send a resume and cover letter to HR@PDKIntl.org with the subject line “MarComms Manager, I can follow directions.”
About PDK International
“Engaging educators and strengthening schools, so every student thrives.”
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and school leaders by strengthening their interest in the profession through the entire arc of their career. We honor educators as professionals who learn daily from their work and want to share their knowledge with others to transform the lives of their students and their own specialized work. Today, we are transforming into a vibrant social sector organization that will activate educators and other stakeholders to elevate the discourse around teaching and learning to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality education.
PDK International is comprised of seven divisions, Phi Delta Kappa, Pi Lambda Theta, Educators Rising, Kappan Magazine, the PDK Poll, PDK Education Partnerships, and the PDK Education Foundation. We are driven by the core values of social justice, engagement, excellence, and results.
We are a serious organization for serious educators (who don’t take themselves too seriously). We serve to embrace the complexity of the issues in education, are intellectually honest, strive to ask the right questions, and hold both sides of the debate accountable. We work to change the narrative and elevate the conversation, but most importantly, we work to move the needle and get things done.
About Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta (pilambda.org) is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intended to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
About Educators Rising
Educators Rising is transforming how America develops aspiring teachers. Starting with high school students, we provide passionate young people with hands-on teaching experience, sustain their interest in the profession, and help them cultivate the skills they need to be successful educators. Every teacher should enter the profession with the necessary skills. Educators Rising is a powerful way to help communities grow the next generation of well-prepared teachers.
PDK EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PDK International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.