PARTNERSHIPS ADVISOR (SALES DIRECTOR)
EDUCATORS RISING, A DIVISION OF PDK INTERNATIONAL
At Educators Rising, we’re changing how our country thinks about teacher recruitment and preparation by starting in high school. We provide districts and schools with the tools they need to establish high school-based “grow-your-own” teacher pathway programs. Specifically, we offer two new sets of products: the EdRising Academy curriculum and support services and the Educators Rising “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials (or digital badges). The result of these efforts is a pipeline of accomplished teachers who are positioned to make a lasting difference — not only in the lives of their students, but also in the field of teaching more broadly.
The Partnerships Advisor is at the forefront of this work. You will be responsible for selling Educators Rising products and services to districts, schools, and state education agencies. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success in K12 sales with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong belief in the importance of improving teacher recruitment and preparation is a must. This is a hybrid role combining in-house sales work with field work and requires some travel.
- Meet/exceed sales goals
- Establish and grow a customer base of K12 districts and schools and maintain clean records in prospect database
- Employ effective selling techniques including pre-call planning, effective opening, and productive questioning strategies that lead to a close
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities
- Maintain positive relations with state, district, and school leaders in target market
- Maintain expert product knowledge around the EdRising Academy curriculum/support services and “Beginning to Teach” micro-credentials, the education industry, and factors influencing the market environment
- Identify and share common themes from the field that can help refine product positioning and pricing
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years sales experience in K12 education market preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of school, district, and state education agency sales cycle, budget process, and purchasing process.
- Experience with the consultative sales process and lead prospecting, acquisition, qualifying, and conversion. Includes experience with outbound calling approach and demonstrated ability to recognize underlying hesitations and overcome concerns.
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced work environment and managing time effectively
- Confident, assertive, and goal oriented with ability to learn the sales process and effectively apply it
- Exceptional communicator – verbal and written
- Experience implementing and using Salesforce, preferred
- Former educator (preferably principal or superintendent) with ability to open doors, preferred
Educators Rising is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, as well as generous 403(b), vacation, and health benefits commensurate with experience and proven results.
How to Apply
If you’re passionate about education, competitive, and have a strong desire to exceed goals, then you might be a perfect fit with Educators Rising. If you’re interested in changing the way we recruit and prepare teachers in this country, then we’d like to meet you.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Partnerships Advisor.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Are you a passionate up and coming marketer looking for a chance to make a difference in a non-profit? Want to help embrace the complexity and to help change the narrative in education? Do you understand that marketing is not just making a new logo and slapping up a new website? If you can say yes to all three of these questions, we have the job for you!
PDK International, a 112-year old non-profit education start-up is looking for a bright and talented Marketing and Communications Manager (MarComms Manager). The ideal candidate will have the the disposition to work in a rapidly changing environment, the experience and skill to educate passionate strategists, and the drive to execute marketing in a space that has traditionally not prioritized it.
The MarComms Manager will report to and take direction from the Chief Operating Officer who serves as the marketing and business development lead for the organization.
- 1-2 years or equivalent proven experience or training in Marketing OR the exceptional passion, facility, and eagerness to learn it while doing it
- Willingness to work hard but to have fun while doing it
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for art and format (someone who can see and explain the difference between PDKInternational.org and PDKIntl.org)
- A belief that social justice is a requirement for the continued transformation in education
- Facility in social media, websites, marketing kit design and construction, and direct mail
- Someone who understands the difference between Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Brand, and Sales, but can meld all 5 as needed into coherent campaigns
- Facility with databases, lead chain to purchase, or equivalent lifecycle experience
- Strong self-starter who understands that the individual contribution is part of the team contribution
- A nimble and effective marketer who can execute on a minimally viable product, be willing to test and fast fail, and be able to reset and iterate quickly and effectively
- A PowerPoint maven with a gut to understand how much text needs to be on a slide to create the biggest impact
- An Excel guru who remembers how to do pivot tables, vlookups, and sparklines as well as can harness the power of the new data visualization capabilities of the program
- Facility with technology and web-based tools
- Exceptionally organized and familiar with project management tenets
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent years of experience or higher
- Be smart, hardworking, interested in learning from and experienced marketing professional and hungry for a challenge
Desired, but not necessary qualifications
- Former pre-med, pre-law, or engineering backgrounds desired
- MBA or equivalent experience including but not limited to sales and customer service experience
- Military or related organizational experience
- Word Press, Craft, HTML, and or PHP experience
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions
The MarComms Manager will be responsible for insuring sustainability of the Mission through effective growth and sustainability of our various products and services and will help bring our mission to life through our varied efforts including but not limited to: social media, data-driven traditional and non-traditional marketing and communications campaigns, microsite work, conference strategy and attendance, print and direct mail and more.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes school cycles, holidays, campaigns, and strategies
- Research and curate high interest content to increase traffic an activity to our sites and social media channels
- Curate and organize a partner and stakeholder conference strategy plan
- Develop and manage print and electronic communications and collateral
- Coordinate webpage development and maintenance for stickiness and effectiveness
- Coordinate conference and event promotion and marketing
- Serve as the external lead for public relations including press release sand damage control
- Be the communications point on media interactions including pre-wiring by creating and curating op eds, stories, amicus briefs and the like
- Execute a mentor-to-member story capture campaign
- Track and measure level of engagement
- Other tasks as assigned
Send a resume and cover letter to HR@PDKIntl.org with the subject line “MarComms Manager, I can follow directions.”
About PDK International
“Engaging educators and strengthening schools, so every student thrives.”
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and school leaders by strengthening their interest in the profession through the entire arc of their career. We honor educators as professionals who learn daily from their work and want to share their knowledge with others to transform the lives of their students and their own specialized work. Today, we are transforming into a vibrant social sector organization that will activate educators and other stakeholders to elevate the discourse around teaching and learning to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality education.
PDK International is comprised of seven divisions, Phi Delta Kappa, Pi Lambda Theta, Educators Rising, Kappan Magazine, the PDK Poll, PDK Education Partnerships, and the PDK Education Foundation. We are driven by the core values of social justice, engagement, excellence, and results.
We are a serious organization for serious educators (who don’t take themselves too seriously). We serve to embrace the complexity of the issues in education, are intellectually honest, strive to ask the right questions, and hold both sides of the debate accountable. We work to change the narrative and elevate the conversation, but most importantly, we work to move the needle and get things done.
About Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta (pilambda.org) is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intended to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
About Educators Rising
Educators Rising is transforming how America develops aspiring teachers. Starting with high school students, we provide passionate young people with hands-on teaching experience, sustain their interest in the profession, and help them cultivate the skills they need to be successful educators. Every teacher should enter the profession with the necessary skills. Educators Rising is a powerful way to help communities grow the next generation of well-prepared teachers.
PDK EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PDK International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.