LEARN. GROW. CONNECT.
FIND A MENTOR TODAY!
Presentation and Panel Discussion of 2019 Poll Results. Register for the live event and livestream feed today.
Hosted by Towson University
September 24, 2019 • 10 am – 12 pm EDT
June 17-21, 2020
SAVE THE DATE!
PDK International supports educators throughout the arc of their career. Make sure you have insight and supports around the most pressing issues facing educators — become a part of Educators Rising Collegiate today!
About Educators Rising Collegiate
Educators Rising Collegiate adds to the continuum of supports offered by PDK to current and aspiring educators. By becoming an Educators Rising Collegiate member/founding a chapter at their school, future educators are able to gain access to an additional level of supports and content to ensure they are ready for the classroom.
Throughout the year students will participate in a variety of activities designed to engage them in deeper discussions around hot-button topics in education, spur them to think about actions they can take at the local level, and prepare them for a classroom of their own.
Any student currently enrolled in a community college or 4-year college or university is eligible to become an Educators Rising Collegiate member. You do not need to be an Education major to join—you just need a desire to learn more about the teaching profession!
There is a $25 fee to become a member of the national network.
For faculty or staff advisors to become affiliated with the national network, you must have at least two students enrolled in Educators Rising Collegiate. Faculty or staff advisors who are working with an active Collegiate chapter will be granted a free PDK Association membership to allow access to the resources and content being utilized by their student members.
Educators Rising Collegiate members get access to:
- Resources and Toolkits to guide your chapter in facilitating dialogue and action around pressing issues facing current and future educators;
- Job search/interview resources to assist you as you begin the search for a classroom of your own, including virtual and in-person interview prep
- Access to Virtual Town Halls, with the opportunity to interact with other students, current educators, administrators and education researchers around hot-button topics in education;
- Mentorship support with career educator PDK members
- Online access to Kappan magazine (the professional journal for educators)
- The opportunity to have your voice heard on a national platform via publication on the Kappan magazine website
- Scholarships to support your studies in education;
- Funding for travel opportunities through PDK’s Travel Program;
- Access to the Educators Rising Virtual Campus, a dynamic online community with videos and original content to help you develop the skills of a great teacher;
- The PDK2020 conference, an exciting event co-located with the Educators Rising National Conference, bringing together current and aspiring educators from across the country;
- Leadership opportunities like the Educators Rising Ambassador Program;
- COMING SOON! Praxis test preparation
National Conference 2020
Join PDK and Educator’s Rising Collegiate for the 2020 National Conference in Washington, D.C.! Save the date for June 17-21. All are invited to participate in this unique opportunity for students and their faculty leaders to compete, connect, and learn together; please note, students must be paid members of Educators Rising Collegiate in order to participate. Check back soon for more details!
All participating Educators Rising Collegiate members will be invited to join in the convening of the first-ever Collegiate Conference, helping to shape the policy and agenda for the national program for the 2020-2021 school year.
2020 Competitive Events
Educators Rising national competitions are performance-based competitive events in which aspiring teachers demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and leadership in education.
In 2020 we have two Post-secondary Level competitions for students to stretch their creativity, commitment, and professionalism. Members can find the full guidelines, scoring rubrics, timelines, and registration information for both competitions in the Resources section of your Member Profile.
Post-secondary Level Competitions
- Children’s Literature
- Creative Lecture (TED Talk)
Pi Lambda Theta Honor Society
Educators Rising Collegiate members in their junior or senior year with a grade point average of 3.50 or higher are eligible for the Pi Lambda Theta honor society. Pi Lambda Theta, a division of PDK International, is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intend to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
Pi Lambda Theta is the dedicated honor society to the Educators Rising Collegiate program. This Honor Society will allow students to gain special recognition for their hard work.
Pi Lambda Theta has the most stringent GPA requirements for membership of any education honor society. Eligible candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher and must be one of the following:
- Undergraduate juniors and seniors (with at least 60 credit hours), recent graduates, or graduate students who intend to pursue a career in education; or
- Current educators or education professionals/support staff.
Interested in starting a chapter at your school? Fill out the form below to request more information on how to get started for the 2019-2020 school year.
Get in Touch
Interested in Starting a chapter at your school? Want to learn how?
About PDK International
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and school leaders by strengthening their interest in the profession through the entire arc of their career.
We honor educators as professionals who learn daily from their work and want to share their knowledge with others to transform the lives of their students and their own specialized work.
As a social sector organization, we elevate the discourse around teaching and learning with the goal of transforming the student experience to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality education.