Have you ever wanted to see the Panama Canal, visit an indigenous village, or work with scientists at a tropical research center? This summer PDK will be traveling through Panama, while learning about the country’s distinctive history, agriculture and ecosystem.
This is a unique opportunity to blend a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience with professional development alongside colleagues from around the country. We hope you’ll join us and take advantage of this opportunity!
What you’ll see
- Tour Panama City’s historic district. There you will learn about the history of the first city founded by the Spanish on the Pacific Coast of the America’s and the threat of pirates.
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with the Casco Viejo Ruins and Museum.
- Work with scientists on an ongoing research project at a tropical research center.
- Visit Monkey Island, and travel to Chitré, capital of the Panamanian province of Herrera.
- Learn about agriculture and engage with local farmers at the Azuero Peninsula.
- Visit with local artisans, and see how traditional crafts are made and enjoy a performance of local folklore.
- Travel to Ciudad del Saber for free time and then explore the Panama Canal.
- Spend an entire day at the Embera Indigenous Village.
This trip is packed with history, science, culture and adventure! A full itinerary can be found here: www.eftours.com/2076902YN
The nine-day trip will depart the U.S. on July 13 and return July 21.
As a PDK member, this trip will cost you $3,150, which includes a fee of $165 for international travel insurance. The normal price for this trip is $4,150, but as a PDK member in good standing, you automatically receive a $1,000 travel scholarship towards the cost of your trip.
Additionally, as a PDK member, if you bring a friend, you’ll receive an extra $100 in scholarship funds, and your travel companion will receive a $900 scholarship plus a one-year digital PDK membership (which includes a subscription to Kappan magazine).
A non-refundable deposit of $95 is due within one week of enrollment. Final payment is due by June 15, 2018. Payments will be made directly to EF Tours; automatic and manual payment options are available and details can be provided upon enrollment.
All scholarships will be applied directly to your EF Tours account.
The deadline for registration is March 15, 2018.
NOTICE: Travelers MUST register with the name that appears or will appear on their passports. Name changes will result in a minimum $200 fee, in addition to any costs incurred by the airlines. These costs grow significantly as the departure date draws nearer.
Receipt of the $1,000 travel scholarship is contingent upon PDK membership being in good standing and all payments being made in a timely manner to EF.
Total trip cost is an estimate based on major departure and arrival gateways and is subject to change.
Information regarding passport renewals and applications can be found at www.travel.state.gov. It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain the proper travel documents. Neither EF nor PDK International will issue refunds if a traveler does not have a valid passport or visa (non-U.S. citizens) for travel.
Top Photo by Lara Dalinsky